You know what's awesome? When people go from "somebody ought to", to "I ought to".— Dan Kaminsky (@dakami) November 8, 2013
The above tweet by Dan Kaminsky really got into my system. As someone who makes lists of things to do, I often get trapped planning more than doing. Since DEFCON 21, I have tried to focus on doing. Here is a list of my successes so far:
- Rooted my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and installed Cyanogenmod 9.
- Studied Arduino and created a few basic projects.
- Started following security wonks on Twitter and have become fairly well-versed in the conversation.
- Hack Skylanders and Disney Infinity using tag writers and custom code.
- Help Ethan get through Scratch manual. He has had a blast so far.
- Creating a product in Arduino. Planning a card swipe emulator to apply my skills to real world annoyance.
- And probably most important: settle on a handle. VegasVic?